Printed Electronics Lab
Specializes in the development of process and equipment for the printed electronics industry
including OPV solar cell, OLED, lighting, smart ID, and others.
The technology and know-how gained from designing and building roll to roll converting machinery for over 55 years has led us to a leading role in this promising industry. Our goal is focused on system integration to support customers with coating / printing
technology, high precision registration systems, and turnkey equipment for the printed electronics products industry.
SungAn Printed Electronics Lab.
SPEL for Printed Intelligence
SungAn Printed Electronics Laboratory specializes in developing
process technology for various printed electronic applications
such as organic photovoltaic (OPV), organic light emitting diode
(OLED) lighting and others.
During the last decade, SPEL has been focused on developing
the various fabrication processes, which is composed with
printing, coating and drying technology including
machine and control system.
The turn key system technology, with roll to roll based
process and unique know-how of printing, coating and
drying offers reliable mass production to whomever
wants to start the flexible electronic business.
- Current status of SPEL
- Patents: 12 registered, 5 pending
- Government Project: 4 completed, 3 ongoing
- Hybrid system with coating and printing (slot die & rotary screen)
- Easy expansion with modular process unit
- Independent process control / particle, thermal and humidity control
- Atmosphere independent drying / high align accuracy
- Automated coating gap & width control
- 2015 AIMCAL Technology of the Year Award
- R2R based cylindrical bed flat screen printing system
- High align accuracy with non-contact printing process (<±30 um)
- Low operating tension deviation with motorized accumulator (<±0.1 kgf)
- Long MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure) with zero-like clearance
- High printing resolution
- Long printing reliability
- Compact design for material and device structure research
- Applicable to clean room and glove box
- High efficiency of material usage
- Easy process control with auto recipe management
- Precise ink flow control
- Closed ink delivery system for stable process of organic materials
Core technology of printed electronics
R2R based direct metal etching system
- TCO, metal grid patterning NFC, RFID tag antenna TFT metal electrode
- Precision pattern printing & registration: < 40um
- Collaboration with “VTT, Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd.”
- VTT is the leading research and technology company in the Nordic countries.
Advantage of direct metal etching paste
Conventional wet etching process
R2R hybrid etching process (with etching paste)
Ultra high quality barrier film production system
- Applications: High quality PE (OLED, OPV etc.) protection film
- High speed & high quality barrier film production
- High material usage efficiency
- WVTR: 10-6g/m2·day
- Substrate (≤200um): PEN, PET, etc.
- Width of substrate: 300 mm
- Process speed: 2 m/min
- Deposition rate: 200 nm/min
- Collaboration with
“KIST, Korea Institute of Science and Technology”
is the leading research institute in Republic of Korea.
Advantage of SAM’s ultra high barrier technology
Conventional barrier film tech
oxygen diffusion path length
- Organic/Inorganic multilayer
- : 4~5 barrier layer
- Organic: Monomer mixture
- Inorganic: Aluminum oxide
- Method: Sputtering, non-conformal